Welcome to Ewa!
- Population: Around 15,000 people.
- Zip code: 96706
- Distance from town: 20.7 miles
- Has 60 micro-neighborhoods.
- Prices for single Family Homes: You can find homes starting in the $500s in the older side of Ewa (no maint.fees), newer side we would start in the high $500s but will have maint. fees.
- Prices for condominiums/ townhouses: In the older side of Ewa you can find townhouses under $300k (maint fees will include water and sewer. Newer side you can find a 1 bedrooms under $300ks, 2 bedrooms will start in the high $300s, some townhomes feature a garage! Inquiry here for more details on prices!
- Divided in 2 principal areas: Newer and older side (Around Papipi road towards mountain is the newer side)
- Newer side will be part of the Ewa Gentry association, houses here will have maintenance fees (Some of them will have 2 associations / maintenance fee if they were part of a subdivision within Ewa Gentry).
- Some of the maintenance fees will include water, sewer and the use of the recreation area, BBQ area, pool, etc.
Used to a sugar cane field.
- Ewa means "stray" in Hawaiian. This refers to a myth that says that the Gods were playing "rolling stones" and while playing one of the stones went off course and landed in in an area the Gods called Ewa, for the stray Ulu Maika.
- Great starting place since it has lots of affordable homes with condos starting on the low $300,000s and houses in the high $500,000s
- Real Estate is hot here! Popular neighborhood, you can get newer, nicer, bigger and cheaper comparing it to other areas in Hawaii.
- Pet friendly community, quite a few dog parks.
- The Ewa Gentry association mission is to protect and maintain the home values.
- Traffic can be congested, it got better through the years but still not the best.
- Climate is hotter and drier than other areas. AC may be needed.
- Limited land, not that many custom homes in the newer side of Ewa (Ewa Gentry).
- You have to abide the rules from the association (get approval when looking to expand the property, only certain colors are allowed to be used when painting your house, etc)
- Some homes in the older side of Ewa (Papipi road towards ocean) may require flood insurance.
- Certain neighborhoods are on the flight path for airlines landing into the Daniel K. Inouye airport.
Future of Ewa Beach
- Lots of new developments. Prices start in the high $500,00s. This properties are usually not listed in the MLS so fee free to inquire about them here.
- The railing - Kualakai Station
- Great options for golfing: Ewa Beach golf course, Coral Creek, West Loch, Ewa Villages, Hawaii Prince, Hoakalei and Barbers point (military)
- Hawaiian Railway tours
- Oneula Beach Park
- Ewa Beach is close to Kapolei neighborhood so residents are steps away for more entertainment options.
Education: (Public and private) Click here to see school ratings
- Elementary: Holomua, Ewa Beach elementary, Kaimiloa and Pohakea.
- Intermediate schools: Ilima and James Campbell High School.
- Other Schools nearby: Keoneula Elementary and Ewa Makai Middle school.
- Private schools: Lady of perpetual Help and Lanakila Baptist school.
Major Health Care Facilities:
- Access medical clinics
- The queens medical center - West Oahu
- Kulana Malama (nursing home)
- Animal House Veterinary Center (for our pets)