Welcome to Mililani!
- Population: Around 27,600 people
- Zip code: 96789
- Distance from town: 20.6 miles (Located in the middle of the island)
- Divided in 2 principal areas: Mililani Town and Mililani Town.
- Pacific Business News ranked Mililani in 2006 as having the 3rd wealthiest zip code in the state.
- In 2005 Money Magazine voted Mililani as "One of the most livable places"
- Cooler climate due to the elevation and topography.
- Homeowners will be part of the Mililani Town Association, they have 7 recreation areas: You can find pools, activities for all the homeowners, special events, etc. I highly encourage that you check their website: https://www.mililanitown.org/
- Former plantation fields owned by Castle & Cooke.
- Its developing started in early 1960.
- In 1976 the construction of H3 freeway cutting the commute from Mililani to town in half.
- Mililani comes from the Hawaiian name that means "Love from Heaven".
- Great stating place since it has lots of affordable prices starting in the high $300k.
- Cooler area of the island
- Pet friendly community
- Probably one of the best Associations in the island at an affordable price, well managed and they offer lots of things.
- Mililani is considered a neighborhood with great schools.
- Traffic can be congested, its usually better than commuting to the west side but still not the best.
- Rains more often than other areas in the island. Could get pretty humid.
- Has over 70+ micro-neighborhoods.
- Older neighborhood.
- Prices for single family homes are around $700k+
- Not high rise buildings, townhouses start around high $300k+ for 1-2 bedrooms, and around $450k+ you can find 2-3 bedrooms.
- Most of the maintenance fees include water, sewer and the use of the common elements (not electricity and/or internet).
- Most of the commercial area (restaurants, shopping centers, retail stores, etc) are located in this area.
- Has over 40 micro-neighborhoods. They are pretty similar, the difference is more on the model of the home and lot size.
- Newer area, construction started in 1990.
- Cooler and rainier than Mililani Town.
- one way in, one way out that can create some traffic during rush hours.
- No high rise buildings, townhouses prices are around $400s, rare to find garage for this townhouses.
- Sometimes military training exercises can be heard.
- You can find beautiful perimeter lots with nice views. (Some houses have view of the Waianae mountains and some even have ocean views).
- Popular model homes:
- American Classics: Single story and two-story. Higher end construction with steel frame and double panel windows. American Classic #6 has 2 master suites (upstairs and downstairs). Prices can be over $1 million.
- Island Classics: Single story and two story homes. Some are CPR and have maint. fees. Usually smaller than the American Classic homes.
- Legacy: Larger, higher-end single family homes with standard lots. Some of them have ocean views.
- Pacific Heritage: Single story and two-story homes. Mid-range homes on standard lots.
- Reflections: Single or two-story homes, usually this homes have a tight parking and short driveways.
Future of Mililani
There is a new urban community coming named Koa Ridge located by Costco in Waipio area. It will be featuring single family homes, townhouses are there are even rumors of a hotel being built.
The developer is Castle & Cooke and the sales are supposed to start on early 2020. If you want more information about this upcoming neighborhood. Click here to sign up for our insight customer information and provide you with the latest updates.
- Mari's Garden: Is the largest aquaponic and hydroponic farm in Hawaii.
- Shopping and restaurants @ Mililani Town Center
Education - Click here to see school ratings
Major health care facilities
Search All Mililani Real Estate
Our website features the best Mililani real estate search for homes, condos, land and foreclosure properties available. It is the only site you will ever need! It is easy-to-use and updated by the official Realtor’s database every 15 minutes.
You can save searches, and get daily email alerts of new listings, price changes, sold data, and market reports. Our Interactive Map Search allows you to view properties on a map or refine your search by drawing the boundaries around the area you desire.
Curious about what’s happening in your neighborhood? You can create a custom market report to see what’s active, under contract, and sold in your neighborhood!
Considering selling or refinancing your home? Get an INSTANT property valuation now!
Contact us today to find out how we can be of assistance to you!